Thursday, August 1, 2013

Homemade Biscuit Mix


We love biscuits in my house! They go with everything. With 5 kids, I don't always have a ton of time to whip them together, so I make my own Bisquick mix to keep on hand for those situations! Super easy, and there when you need it! 


Ingredients:

  • 9 cups of flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 tbsp baking powder
  • 2 cups solid vegetable shortening
  • clean empty ice cream pail for storage
Directions: 

So simple. Add all you ingredients it your ice cream pail.  




Now get in there with your hands, or a pastry mixer if you have one, and mix it all up. You want to get the shortening mixed in forming pea sized lumps.


That's it! So simple! Store it in your pail for 3 months (I have used it longer than that and it's been ok)



When you are ready to make biscuits, mix 2 1/2 cups of the mix with 2/3 cups of milk. Knead the dough and roll it out. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes, and serve.

Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment