Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Home School Success

When I began home schooling, I knew it was going to be hard work. I knew it was the best choice for my family, but even now 4 years later, I still get surprised at my children's success.

This week, we had a success that I can't stop talking about.......

My 4 year old son can read.

When I started schooling the oldest 2 boys, the younger ones just played. This year Little S started Kindergarten. With Little A only 1 1/2 years younger, I bought pre-school material for the first time. I knew that if I didn't school time would consist of Little A asking what he could do the whole time. I am glad I made the investment in my son. Now we can celebrate!





3 comments:

  1. Congrats, I homeschool too and my middle son just turned 4. He is in the recognition stage. It's such a great sense of validation when you hit these milestones. Yay for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! What a great accomplishment! It's proof that such great individualized attention works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great accomplishment! We do workbooks with my son too and he loves them.

    ReplyDelete