Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Beauty Tips From Your Pantry

Last week I shared my Body Scrub and Facial Mask recipes.
This week, since today is Valentines Day, I wanted to share some tips to help you get ready for your Valentines Day date!

Milk Bath

You may have seen Milk Bath powders sold in beauty shops. These are more than just relaxing. The Lactic Acid in the milk is a natural exfoliant that leaves your skin soft and smooth! Just add up to 2 cups of milk to your bath water (I have used as little as 1 cup and still enjoyed the results), or 1/2 cup powdered milk. Soak and enjoy!



Hair Clarifier
Why buy special shampoo to wash out the residues left by styling products? Just rinse with lemon juice or vinegar diluted in water. I due this once a month, and it leaves my hair silky smooth.

Hot Oil Treatment
Dry brittle hair? Heat up olive oil for 20 seconds in the microwave, and apply to wet hair. leave for 2 minutes (longer for really dry hair) and wash as normal.

Happy Valentines Day!




5 comments:

  1. I never thought you could use real milk in your bath. How neat. I love keeping powdered milk on hand. It's so handy. It'd be a good idea to keep a box in the bathroom too! Thanks for this post!
    Julie @ 70 WPM
    http://70wpm.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas and all things I keep in my kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great tips! I love the hot oil treatment. I will have to try that along with the Milk bath! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really have awesome beauty recipes! Also loved yours from last week!

    Jenna
    www.snymed.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! Love that they're so easy and use stuff that I have in my pantry.

    ReplyDelete