Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thrifty Thursdays: Make Your Own Beauty Products

When I began having children, I needed to start looking for ways to ave money. Going from 2 incomes to 1 was hard, especially when you find out your second is on the way when you have a 3 month old! The first thing I gave up was my little luxuries  When I was single, I never would have thought beauty products were luxuries  but when you compare them to diapers and milk.....

Now I have 5 children, and still 1 income. After many years of putting my self last, I wanted to feel beautiful again. So I began making scrubs and facial masks myself. I already had the ingredients, so why not?
Here are 2 of my favourites:

Honey & Brown Sugar Body Scrub


This feels amazing, and is so easy!
Mix:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup olive or coconut oil

Mix thoroughly and enjoy!
















Honey Nutmeg Facial Mask
This is great for bleaching red spots! It is wise to test this before use to be sure you won't have a reaction to the mask.
Mix:
1/8 cup honey
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Apply to face. It may burn a bit. Keep it on up to 30 minutes, or until you can't take it!







Next week I will share some more, so be sure to keep a look out! Subscribe to my RSS feed and never miss my Thrifty Thursday tips!






5 comments:

  1. Those sound great! Would the nutmeg one be good for red acne bumps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides feeling great, I bet it smells amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably a lot more cost-friendly than the scrubs I buy at the store!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of this better than chemical laden products you buy in the stores. I've heard a lot of people using coconut oil in homemade beauty products lately. I'm going to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like something I will do, I like the idea of making homemade products.

    ReplyDelete