Thursday, May 2, 2013

Revolt-Week One Review

Missing- my old self. Last seen 10 years ago.

After 5 kids, I am missing my pre-pregnancy self. I was never "thin" but I was average. I remember thinking it would be nice to be skinny. Now I look at those pictures, and I think, oh to be thin again!
I have tried eating right,. I have tried exercise.  They help me loose some, but when I plateau, I give up.  I have a thyroid condition, and that has made my metabolism not as effective as it should be. I never really over ate, but I am not an active person. Give me a book, and some tea, and I am happy!

When I first heard about Revolt, I was intrigued  but skeptical. What makes this different? If I struggle with other programs, why would I stick with out? Well, lets take a look at that.

What is Revolt? The best answer comes directly from the Facebook page:

Revolt was born out of Nichole Huntsman's own struggles with weight loss. After 10 years of experimenting, competing on stage and earning her certification as a NASM, CPT, she's now sharing the fat-blasting shortcuts she's come to love with a $10,000 6-week transformation contest. Let her help guide you on your journey with a turn-key system that takes all the guesswork out of fitness. Includes a Quick-Start Guide, the current 6-week workout plan, a daily workout video of the day's workout, the current 6-week diet, and a community of people all working the program together. It's time to reclaim your body, and say NO to living life as a BEFORE.

What makes Revolt different? Revolt is not just a meal and exercise plan. It is a support system. The Facebook page is a place you can go and ask questions from other people on the program, and even from Nicole! It is a program built for you, and can be changed to your tastes and needs. The meal plan had 109 substitutions!

The meal program is built for real life. Not only is it designed to build lean muscle, and get that fat burning, but it is filled with delicious recipes. The plan has you cook once a week all the food you need. All you need to do is re-heat and eat. This takes the guess work out of what to eat, and removes temptations. If dinner is already prepared, why eat out? Why grab that junk food?
Why would I stick it out? I am telling people. The more people you tell, the more likely you are to stick with it. No "Plan B." Not only am I telling people, but I am active on the Facebook page. Any questions you have can be answered, and any stuggles are supported by people on the same journey as you.

I am well into my first week of Revolt Fitness, and I am pleasantly surprised! The first week menu is specially designed to detox. All the sugars we eat needs to be cleansed out of our bodies to help our bodies do their jobs effectively.

I started Revolt on Monday, and so far, after just 3 days, here are my accomplishments:

  • I have eaten all my meals
  • I have completed my work outs
  • I am sharing with people that I am on this program. 
  • I hurt! (It does go away. It is a good hurt, building muscle)
  • I have not cheated
And after my first weigh in, drum roll please...........
Down 3 pounds alrady! 



Here is a sample of my food this week. Yummy!

Follow me on Instagram for more of my meal pics! 

I am looking forward to sharing my experience with you. I plan to complete 2 of the "Uprisings," so for the next 12 weeks I will share my stuggles, successes, and thoughts. Make sure to follow me on Bloglovin'  and get my updates right in your email in box! 

Disclosure: I was given a free membership to Revolt Fitness for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.


4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the program. I am looking forward to this journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This programs sounds very interesting. I'll have to check it out. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to give up easily! I really need to look more into this program because I have more than a few pounds to loose. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a wonderful program! I look forward to reading more about your journey. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete