Wednesday, June 19, 2013

30 Minute Mini Meatloaves

Oh no! It's 3:00 PM and what are you going to make for dinner? Nothing taken out of the freezer? I guess it's take out again, right? Wrong!
It happens to all of us. We get busy, and before we know it, it's nearing supper time. No need to fret, I have many meals that I can pull off quick!
Today's treat:

30 Minute Mini Meatloaves

Meat loaves

  • 1-2 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 onion minced or 2 tbsp dried onion
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp worcester sauce 
Sauce 
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 tsp chili powder
For the meat loaves:
Thaw your ground beef in lukewarm water . Rotate the meat every 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350. Once the ground beef is thawed, place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. 

Really get in there and get all the meat mixed in.  Now for the trick: put you meat into muffin tins, filling them 3/4 full. 
This cuts the baking time down giving you a quick delicious supper. Mix the remaining 3 ingredients and brush over the mini meatloaves. 

Bake for 25 minutes, and serve next to veggies and your choice of sides. Our favourite is rice and steamed carrots! 

Enjoy!


32 comments:

  1. OMG!! These are soooo cute. I love meatloaf but I don't just use ground beef, I use ground pork and veal too. It makes a great tasting meatloaf!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea and they look awesome. I also like the way the plate looks, very appetizing and with healthy veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the steps to create a dish. Thanks for including those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lov e this idea,I want to make them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so delcious its litterally making my mouth water is looks so good !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! This is definitely getting pulled out next time I have an 'I forgot about dinner' moment mid afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this - when I try to make a full meatloaf - it's tough to cook in the middle. This will work a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had them many times and it is great. Sauce is different from what I remember

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of this recipe is the variation in the sauces are endless! This is my most recent sauce recipe!

      Delete
  9. Everyone in my family loves meatloaf except for me. Making individual ones would allow me to make meatloaf for them and something else for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks so good my family would love it denise smith denise226@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Yes, Yes! I am doing these, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look really yummy. I'll have try them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've made mini meatloaf before. It is a trick I learned from Weight Watchers. Each mini is one serving. I never thought of it as a quick go to meal in a pinch. Great idea. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love meatloaf but never make it. Too much time, turns out dry, over cooked. These seem quick, simple and juicy. I will be trying these for sure. Pinning it so I don't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So simple to make..nice for dinner

    ReplyDelete
  16. My family LOVES meat loaf!!!

    I make mini meat loafs all the time!

    I make them in my stone muffin mans! Makes them moist and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look great. I'm going to try this next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look great! I love the idea of using flax seeds instead of breadcrumbs-- a perfect sub! We'll be doing these this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This recipe looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would thaw the ground beef in my microwave. The whole plate looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look perfect for those gotta hurry and get it cooked dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  22. these are perfect for the kids! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are perfect! We love Meatloaf but hate that it takes an hour to cook it!! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a neat idea! These would taste great leftover, too :)

    Katie
    showbizkp[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a good idea to cook meatloaf this way!!! My daughter loves meatloaf & this will be a fun way for her to help make it in the kitchen with me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like this idea! Thanks a mil for it! I've gotta try it this coming week.

    ReplyDelete