Monday, June 17, 2013

What Do Your Cravings Tell You?

Cravings are something we think pregnant woman have. We think of the pickles and ice cream, and husbands running to the store at all hour trying to please the mother to be. That's not the only time cravings come up.

We live in an over processed world, where we are surrounded by images, smells, and opportunities that encourage bad eating habits. It's easy to let our cravings get the better of us.


Sometimes, a craving is your bodies way of telling you something is missing. Food cravings can be caused by hormones, blood sugar levels, and stress. When we give in to our cravings, we can be filling our bodies with all the wrong things that can actually over stimulate our brains! 

I have been following the Revolt Fitness program, and the intern Charolett Ann Reynolds has allowed my to post from her research some healthy ways to fill our bodies with the nutrients we need. 


Cravings: 

What you really need:
Foods that have it:
Chocolate
Magnesium
Raw nuts, seeds, legumes, fruit

Sweets
Chromium
Broccoli, grapes, cheese, dried beans, liver, chicken

Carbon
Fresh fruit

Phosphorus
Chicken, beef, liver, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, legumes, grains

Sulfur 
Cranberries, horseradish, cruciferous vegetables, kale, cabbage

Tryptophan 
Cheese, liver, lamb, turkey, raisins, sweet potato, spinach

Bread
Nitrogen
High protein foods: fish, meat, nuts, beans

Oily, fatty snacks
Calcium 
Mustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame 

Coffee or tea
Phosphorus
Chicken, beef, liver, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, legumes


Sulfur
Egg yolks, red peppers, muscle protein, garlic, onion, cruciferous vegetables

NaCl (salt)
Sea salt, apple cider vinegar, meat, fish and poultry, seaweed, greens, black cherries

Iron
Meat, fish and poultry, seaweed, greens, black cherries

Alcohol
Protein
Meat, poultry, seafood, dairy, nuts

Avenin
Granola, oatmeal

Calcium
Mustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame

Glutamine
Supplement glutamine powder for withdrawal, raw cabbage juice

Potassium
Sun-dried black olives, potato peel broth, seaweed, bitter greens

Soda/ carbonated drinks
Calcium
Mustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame

Salty foods
Chloride
Raw goat milk, fish, unrefined sea salt

Acidic foods
Magnesium
Raw nuts and seeds, legumes, fruits

PMS cravings
Zinc
Red meats (especially organ meats), seafood, leafy vegetables, root vegetables
General overeating
Silicon 
Nuts, seeds; avoid refined starches

Tryptophan
Cheese, liver, lamb, raisins, sweet potato, spinach

Tyrosine
Vitamin c supplements or orange, green, red fruits and vegetables

Lack of appetite
Vitamin B1
Nuts, seeds, beans, liver and other organ meats

Vitamin B3
Tuna, halibut, beef, chicken, turkey, pork, seeds and legumes

Manganese
Walnuts, almonds, pecans, pineapple, blueberries

Chloride
Raw goat milk, unrefined sea salt

Tobacco
Silicon
Nuts, seeds; avoid refined starches

Tyrosine
Vitamin C supplements or orange, green and red fruits and vegetables

Revolt  is helping me change the way I look at food, and I am loving it! I am given a complete meal plan for each week, and can easily customize it to include the foods you need to beat your cravings. The best part is the support system available. Thank you Charlotte for sharing this. I hope this guide can help you beat your cravings.

 You can try Revolt your self and see amazing results, act now and try the 1 week Kick Start free!

Disclaimer: I was given a membership to Revolt Fitness for the purpose of review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. 



15 comments:

  1. Wow I have never thought about the craving and what they mean to my body! I had also never heard of the Revolt Fitness program! This is so neat thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great chart! I'm going to bookmark this :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to pin this! This is an awesome chart. Since I am pregnant I get some pretty crazy cravings! This is a great way to to stay healthy while I am pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to make a copy of this --- wonderful information.
    I guess I need magnesium all the time....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to make a copy so I can curb my cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Chart to have. I've known cravings mean that your body is missing a nutrient....thanks for sharing this...
    I shared on my social sites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that a great post and great chart im impressed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to bookmark this! Like others have said, I've known what cravings mean in general, but not specifically. This is quite useful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really great info, I never thought that this is possible, and the "food that have it" just makes it perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fascinating! I like the idea of being more in tune with my body and giving it what I'm really craving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find this article has very interesting information in it. I often get hungry for something salty or something chocolate at times but I never thought that it meant I may be lacking or needing a specific vitamin or food to get it. I am definately going to Pin this on Pinterest as well as copy it so I can pass it along to my friends too. thanks so much for all the info

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow i learned something new today thanks so much denise smith denise226@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is really interesting. I am printing it out to put into my food / recipe notebook to use with meal planning around my cravings. But I have to admit I don't think nuts and seeds will ever satisfy my chocolate cravings! ;:>

    ReplyDelete