Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Planning For A Baby Shower

I love Baby Showers. We throw one for all the new babies in my church. I am usually not on the decorating side of it, but this next one is for my sister in law, so I am hosting. This means decorating for a baby girl. I want to do something different than the classic pink and purple decorations, so I began hunting for new ideas. I want something more of a theme. Not just colours. My favourite I came across is a Lady Bug shower. So simple, so cute, and yet different! The best part is, it is easy of pull off economically.
What do you need?
What ever you can imagine and afford! Dollar stores always have red and black decorations, so let your self go!
Pintrest has really became my friend in planning this shower! There are so many ideas, this is what I came up with!


We rented a helium tank for $30 and filled red balloons then alternated red, black, and white ribbons. The kids loved it!
Red and black napkins and plates worked great with this tablecloth I found.
This was the gift table. We took a red dollar store table cloth and cut black circles out to complete the look.
I had so much fun decorating, and to top it off I made a Lady Bug Punch that everyone loved, so I thought I'd share the recipe. I didn't take a picture of it (sorry) but I will update this post with a picture the first chance I get!

Ingredients:
1 frozen concentrate Fruit juice. Anything really red
3 cans water
2 liters carbonated lemonade
1 liter ginger ale
4 scoops red sherbet. I used a berry pomegranate. 
1 handful frozen blueberries
 Mix the first 4 ingredients in your punch bowl. Slowly add each scoop of sherbert and then add the blueberries, spreading them out. 
That's it! Super easy, and amazing! 


7 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT THEME FOR A BEAUTIFUUL BABY SHOWER LOVE BABY SHOWERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter=in-law is expecting in August and her Mom and I will be giving her a baby shower...thank you so much for the ideas/tips. We are going to need them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ladybug theme you used! Baby showers are so fun. Thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lady bug theme is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute theme! I love the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your lady bug theme! My mom, my children and I all LOVE lady bugs! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love different themes for baby showers. My best friend had a penguin themed one for me and I loved it. I've hosted a cake decorating themed one. I think it makes the whole shower more interesting! I will have to keep the lady bug theme in mind.

    ReplyDelete