Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Choosing a Deck

This post brought to you by Royal Building Products. All opinions are 100% mine.

Right now my house has a tiny little wood deck, just big enough for us to stand on to unlock the door. It might have been nice once upon a time, but that time is long gone! The paint is peeling, the wood is splitting, and one day I am sure that it will fall to pieces. I can't count how many times I have pulled slivers out of my children's hands and feet. 

Building a new deck has always been on my to do list. I never realized how many options there really are for decking materials

After doing some reading, I am really considering trying a Royal Deck system. It is made of  high-quality cellular PVC, and is weather and insect resistant, features that are very appealing to me. That combined with the fact that it is safe for my children. With a crawling baby, splinters are a big concern. Little C not only crawls, but she also scoots on her bum, dragging it as she goes along. I will not let her play on most decks, and I have a dream for my house. I want to build a deck that I can have screened in, big enough for some patio furniture, a barbeque, and room for my kids to play. 

After visiting Royal Building Products I have a much better picture of what I want in a deck, and what options are available to me. I even got some color ideas. I am thinking of using graystone, and painting the house a bolder color. 

Visit Royal Building Products and check out their decking materials. You will love it! What would you pick if you were rebuilding a deck right now? 

Visit Sponsor's Site



1 comments:

  1. Royal Building Products will be a great choice when I build my new deck. I like the low maintenance, the no splinters for bare feet, that they will have a long life. Thanks for introducing this.

    ReplyDelete